Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
In the role of Financial Reporting you will be responsible for:
- The Financial and Regulatory Reporting department is looking for a high potential individual to fill in the open position of “Senior Associate” within the “Financial Reporting” shared service area
- Under the supervision of the “Unit Head - Financial and Regulatory Reporting”, the Senior Associate will play a key management role when ensuring that quality deliverables are sent to our clients. Such deliverable are compiled by a local team that leverages a delegated service model with part of the functions outsourced to Poland. On one side, he/she will take directions from the Unit Head and on the other, he/she will guide his/her Financial Reporting team according to department and bank strategy.
- In close relation with the other Fund Reporting Team Leads, he/she will ensure that the assigned client-base (incl. the related stakeholders Auditor, Translator, Printer, Regulator, etc.) is serviced according best practice and market standards. This includes e.g. that new demand or specific projects are adequately reflected in the overall development queue of the department.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the fund industry - both technical and operational – with a clear footprint and profound expertise in accounting.
- He/she will be able to lead & drive the assigned team to service new and existing business demand. In such role he/she will take direction from the Unit Head regarding e.g. the Bank’s strategy, changes to the regulatory framework and/or any related demand & projects, which he/she will translate into strong business solutions.
- Acting as a leader, he/she will manage the assigned client relationships and ensure service excellence especially by consistently looking for improvements and alternative solutions that would enhance the existing process chain (automation, set-up, scalability, etc.).
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- Master/Bachelor degree in (Fund) Accounting or Finance; chartered certified accountant e.g. with ACCA Qualification considered as an advantage
- Knowledge of Lux GAAP’s requirements, additional GAAP’s (US GAAP, IFRS, etc.) are considered as an advantage
Minimum of 5 to 6 year experience in the fund business with a very good knowledge of fund accounting/industry, product knowledge regarding capital market, financial and derivative instruments, experience in using financial data providers (e. g. Bloomberg)
- Experience and excellence in managing people, good interpersonal and communication skills; client orientated; reliable and responsive; good organizational and analytical skills
- MS Office - Excel & Word mandatory; Access and Visual Basic considered as an advantage
- English mandatory, German considered as an advantage; French adding value