RISK MANAGER (m/f)
We are looking for a Risk Manager to join an management company.
The company manages Alternative Investment Funds investing in different asset classes (Global Equities, Global Fixed Income and Credit, Derivatives, Private Equity, etc.).
The Risk Management unit's principal responsibility is to ensure that the risks in the portfolios managed by the firm are fully understood by the portfolio managers and consistent with our clients' objectives. The ideal candidate must have the drive, skills and commitment to contribute and enhance the company's risk management process.
- Production, delivery and enhancement of risk analytics and risk management reports.
- Understanding and analyzing the risk drivers impacting the portfolios
- Participation to the company's investment meetings and contribution with the risk management view
- Complete risk assessments of potential investments, identifying key risks and potential mitigating factors, in order to assess their overall impact on the portfolio.
- Helping define the analytical and risk management needs for adequately monitoring portfolios' risks
- Performing ad-hoc analyses and reporting to help address real-time demands from senior management and portfolio managers
- Producing regulatory reporting to the CSSF under AIFMD regulation
- Participate in the valuation process as an active member of the Valuation Committee: specific focus on illiquid assets, such as private equity/debt and real estate
- Participating in the due diligence process for new investments across different asset classes
- Maintain input and data quality of the risk management systems
- Participate in the periodic review of all risk policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with the obligations laid down in the AIFMD
- Support the internal and external audit on risk management issues
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- 1 to 5 years of experience in financial risk management roles within the asset management or banking industry
- Fluent in English, written and oral.
- Good knowledge of the fund management regulation in Luxembourg
- Advanced degree in Economics/Finance/Statistics
- Advanced knowledge of financial markets, investment theory and risk management models
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel/VBA, basic database skills (SQL) highly desirable
- Highly organized, meticulous and detailed oriented.
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines and comfortable working under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-tasking, self-starter and working independently
- Keen interest in critical thinking and applying technology to solve problems
- Positive attitude and sound judgment
- Aligned with the group's values: principled, team worker, accountable and committed
Our client is a Fund Management and Asset Management Company.