Grow your career at IFDS
IFDS is a joint venture between affiliates of Boston-based State Street Corporation, the world’s leading provider of services to institutional investors, and DST Systems Inc., a Kansas City, Missouri-based leading provider of shareholder accounting services and proprietary systems.
Both organizations have over 40 years’ experience and joint venture track record via our sister company in the US, Boston Financial Data Services (BFDS). Together we form part of the world’s largest investor record-keeping / transfer agency services provider.
In the role of Transfer Agent - Registration you will be responsible for:
The Registration Tax Team Senior Associate is in charge of the organization and execution before submission to the tax authorities of FATCA, CRS, 1099 regulatory reports. He/she will also be responsible for the distribution of work within the team. It also involves the provision of timely and accurate information to Clients and Management on tax and regulatory reporting.
The successful candidate will form part of the Registration Tax Team and will contribute to the integration of the team into the wider Registration department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the execution of a timely and accurate completion of FATCA and CRS returns including generating test files, liaising with operational teams to rectify error messages, managing Client interactions and submitting the final returns to the Tax Authority(ies).
- Organize and execute the annual completion of the Regulatory filing to the applicable Tax Authorities for investment funds.
- Oversight and internal reporting on the outsourced functions
- Oversight quality controls of monthly investors’ tax related reporting before sending to clients
- Act as the first escalation point for any investor tax related matter
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and direction in a group environment.
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyse and evaluate complex problems / issues.
- Maintains open communication channels.
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future. Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues; ensure that procedural/ system changes are updated into the team procedures.
- Display good organizational skills in order to meet SLA deadlines and keeps well documented records.
- Ensures that checklists, job aids and working procedures are up to date and followed.
- Acting as a mentor to junior staff and provide coaching under the supervision of the Manager
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Maintains open communication channels with clients, peers and the Management.
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues.
- Be prepared to achieve and strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Result Areas, both in terms of quality, productivity and accuracy of information given to the customer.
- Knowledge about shareholder administration and/or AML / KYC would represent a strong asset for this position
- Excellent knowledge of the company and interdependencies between Client Services and other business functions
- Function at all times as a team player to build a positive atmosphere of co-operation within the department and where all team members are engaged.
- Self-motivated, organized and flexible to new ideas
- Strong issue resolution skills with a focus on risk controls and add value to the end client experience.
- Initiate sharing of ideas, processes, client requirements and knowledge through effective proactive assistance to team members, maintain also adequate documentation for reference.
- The role will report into a Team Leader and/or Manager.
- The role will have no management responsibilities.
- The role will deliver against individual goals that the manager has set for the team/individual.
- The role will understand that these in turn, deliver to the team goals and strategy.
- The role holder will understand that any financial spend will need to be authorised by the Team Manager.
- The role will be required to establish effective collaborative relations with internal colleagues and team manager.
Knowledge and Expertise
- The role will require a good understanding of the business processes relevant to their role, a good understanding of how these relate to the business processes within the overall team, and a basic commercial awareness.
- Manages risk within their individual role by following set procedures and understands that the impact of such risk may include financial and reputational damage to team.
- Demonstrates integrity in making decisions within the framework of their role.
- The role will lead by example for newer members of the team. For those with more experience in the role, this might include some work shadowing to help train those who are new to the role.
- Demonstrates commitment to IFDS Group Values.
- Demonstrates commitment to the ACE scheme where relevant.
- •Encourages immediate colleagues to a high level of performance to meet immediate team objectives/targets.
- Understands that their work may impact on the work of other team members and ensures tasks are completed to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Effective communication skills will be required with the ability to exchange information on a regular basis.
- May provide on-the-job training/support to new team members.
- Has a good understanding of work routines and procedures in own job.
- Delivers against goals and targets set by team manager, acting within well-defined procedures.
- Able to implement changes to the way tasks are completed, as guided by team manager and defined within procedures and processes.
- Good understanding of own goals/targets and processes/procedures which impact on own role. Has ability to suggest improvements to these processes/procedures.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- The role will have previous relevant work experience within the chosen discipline. The role will be operating under structured supervision with set work routines.
Experience & Knowledge
- At least two years relevant working experience in Transfer Agency or Financial Services.
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable experience of working accurately and with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of the fund administration process
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook…)
- Strong client focus
- Fluent in German and English with strong language skills as clear preference
- Additional languages (e.g. , French, Luxembourgish, Italian and/or Spanish) are considered assets.