QHSSE Advisor Abroad (F/M)
The QHSSE Department monitors the policy as regards Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment. On civil as well as dredging, environmental and offshore projects all over the world, they support the people in charge with the implementation, the control and the improvement of the QHSSE Management System. Because our people are our greatest capital!
As a QHSSE Advisor and key team member, you will manage all QHSSE related matters on your project.
- You will continuously strive to keep the balance between our Jan De Nul Group Management System, the client requirements and (local) legislation.
- You evaluate the various execution techniques from a QHSSE point of view in order to assist in selecting the most appropriate equipment with the Project Engineers and specialised in-house departments.
- Assess potential suppliers and subcontractors and assist in their selection.
- Evaluate the risks related to your project, prepare project specific QHSSE documents (project execution plan, Emergency Response Plan, etc.) and provide hands-on support to the project team during the implementation in execution phase.
- Communicate project and task risks by means of toolbox meetings, introductions and trainings in order to raise the QHSSE awareness.
- Execute audits and inspections, formulate recommendations and report to the Project Management team on the performance and the need to improve the QHSSE Management System on your project. Explain and defend your recommendations towards your project team, (joint venture) partners and the client.
- Coordinate incident investigation and monitor the lessons learned.
- You preferably hold a Master's degree in a technical or science discipline in combination with a Master in prevention management or Environmental engineering. Knowledge of the English language is a must, additional language skills are a plus.
- You are result-driven, have a proactive nature and the ability to prioritise and plan effectively in order to meet specific deadlines, along with a confident and professional attitude. These are essential character traits for this position.
- You like to work in a team. As we work on different continents, with different nationalities and religions, willingness to travel and being open minded are also core requirements.
- You like to combine time spent in the field with reporting and follow-up. You have a practical and hands-on approach and continuously try to communicate, coach and guide people.
- You have the ability to assess others and the skill to convince them of Jan De Nul Group’s QHSSE vision.
- You have a problem-solving mind-set and a strong sense of self-initiative in order to improve the working culture and deliver the projects with a high quality standard on time and within budget.
What we offer:
- Through the JDN-Academy, we offer you a permanent training trajectory, starting with a 4 to 5-week training.
- A caring culture: our FIT-programme allows us to monitor your well-being. The programme is centred around exercise, food and a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make a difference together with your colleagues and to distinguish yourself through your creativity, innovation and durability.
- By assembling multidisciplinary teams tailor-made for each project, we aim at always having the right person in the right place.
- Working on our challenging projects worldwide (rotation system: 2 months work / 1 month leave).