On behalf of a world leading company headquartered in Luxembourg, we are recruiting a Legal Counsel generalist to join the global legal team composed of 5 people.
Integrated in a team of trusted legal advisors passionate by helping grow, running and protecting the business, you will report directly to the General Counsel of the Group. With different projects managed all over the world, our client is looking for a Legal Counsel with a strong knowledge of M&A strategies to take part of the success story of the company.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide legal support related to transversal European and even international issues in a timely manner to maximize achievement of business strategies;
- Protect and defend business interest in third party disputes and assess any settlement option;
- Join internal business meetings and, when appropriate, negotiate with third parties;
- Drive external law firms and liaise with the business;
- Follow current and future business issues or opportunities and proactively propose legal approaches and input to put in place;
- Stay up-to-date on regulatory and law changes;
- Deliver legal trainings to the business;
- Represent legal affairs in professional associations;
- Liaise with local authorities and company's lawyers.
- Master's degree in Law ideally in Business law;
- At least 5 years of experience as Lawyer within a Law firm or as Legal Counsel in industry;
- Relevant experience in leading business strategy in complex M&A operations;
- Able to learn and integrate into complicated and dynamic businesses, advising on a combination of legal and business issues
- Strong communication skills to facilitate becoming a trusted partner of the business team;
- Common sense with a can-do attitude, able to assess key risks while maintaining strong attention to detail and technical skills, displaying a practical and confident business approach to problem solving and managing legal risk;
- Good change management capabilities to cope with an industry facing many challenges that are moving very fast so capable of changing priorities and taking responsibilities on new files with short term notice;
- Totally fluent in English, French would be consider as an advantage.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to Louise Marchand quoting the reference LU800657.